• To extract saponins form the ginseng
root and determine a few of its
physical and chemical properties
Short info about
Glycosides happen to be
compounds that yield one
or more sugars and a non-sugar aspect as the
products with their
• Simply, glycosides are called glucose ethers.
• When sennosides undergo hydrolysis, they will develop 2
parts: the aglycone or genin and a glycone.
• Agyclone – non-sugar part
• Glycone – glucose component
• Glycosides enjoy an important function in the life of the herb and these types of roles will be:
REGULATORY, PROTECTING and SANTIARY functions
Category of Glycosides
Heart failure glycoside
Glucosinolate or isothiocyanate
• Saponins are glycosides
that form colloidal
alternatives in normal water that
polyurethane foam upon nervous-looking.
• They have a bitter, penetrating
taste and they are generally
irritating for the mucous
• They will destroy reddish blood
skin cells by hemolysis.
• They may be mostly used since
fish harmful toxins.
• Upon hydrolysis, that they yield an aglycone regarded
as a " sapogenin”.
• The sapogenin may be of two chemical substance classes:
• Steroidal – neutral saponin (on pH)
• Triterpenoid – acid saponin (on pH)
• Generally, saponins are lipophilic because they
have many carbon atoms that
varies from C27 to C30.
All about Ginseng
• Technological name:
• Active constituent:
carminative, adaptogenic and
• Side effect:
The most typical side effect
is definitely trouble sleeping (insomnia).
• Extreme caution:
Panax ginseng is PROBABLY
SAFE when taken by oral cavity for most
adults when utilized for less than a few
months. It can be POSSIBLY DANGEROUS when
used long-term. Experts think